Alex Brazier, the Bank of England's (BoE) newly appointed executive director for financial stability strategy and risk, today outlined a number of ways in which he hopes to improve stress testing in the UK.
The UK's stress test last year, the first to test banks concurrently, was a "big step forward", Brazier said, during his appointment hearing before the Treasury Select Committee.
The tests were "really tough", he said, and importantly tested banks alongside one another, allowing supervisors t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde