The People's Bank of China (PBoC) cut two of its key interest rates for the second time in three months, as inflation continues to edge downwards.
The one-year deposit rate was lowered by 25 basis points to 2% and the one-year lending rate by the same amount to 5.35% on Saturday, according to a statement from the PBoC.
The announcement came ahead of official data released on Sunday that showed a second consecutive month of shrinking manufacturing activity.
The deposit rate ceiling was raised fro
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory