Under its new research agenda, the Bank of England (BoE) will examine the impact of climate change on the economy and financial system, with Nicholas Stern outlining the importance of the issue at yesterday's conference to launch the BoE's new research agenda.
One of the five strands of the agenda is the "central bank response to fundamental technological, institutional, societal and environmental change".
This is perhaps the most wide-ranging area of the five, covering issues as diverse as demo
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements