The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) is shifting its focus towards the implementation of the Basel III framework, with the emphasis on ensuring the disparate moving parts work together as intended, according to a work programme for 2015–16, published today.
The programme gives an outline of the committee's work in the coming years, indicating a shift in focus from designing standards to testing them in practice. New and revised elements of the Basel framework are also in the plannin
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting