The cash settlement for securities transactions conducted on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is now taking place on the Central Bank of Kenya's in-house system.
This extends to transactions involving either equities or corporate bonds, and replaces a system where cash settlement was effected through four commercial banks appointed by the Central Depository and Settlement Corporation (CDSC).
Now, it will take place through the central bank's real-time gross settlement (RTGS) system. The tra
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations