Sri Lanka: Arjuna Mahendran will take over as governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka following the departure of Ajith Nivard Cabraal last week.
Mahendran was appointed by president Maithripala Sirisena, the Sri Lankan government said in a statement yesterday.
Sirisena took office on Friday after beating incumbent president Mahinda Rajapaksa in snap elections – prompting Cabraal to hand in his resignation.
Mahendran is currently the chief investment officer for the wealth management arm of Dub
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system