Rameswurlall Basant Roi was reappointed as Bank of Mauritius governor on December 30, the central bank has announced, after his predecessor was reportedly fired earlier in the month.
Basant Roi served as governor from 1998 to 2006, when he was replaced by Rundheersing Bheenick, who has held the post since. Bheenick was handed a third term in 2013, but has left the central bank prematurely following a change in government.
Bheenick told Reuters on December 27 his contract had been "terminated wi
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?