The US and European Union are both failing to fully comply with the Basel III capital framework, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision warned today.
This represents the second time both jurisdictions have had their capital frameworks assessed under the Basel Committee's "regulatory consistency assessment programme" (RCAP).
Despite falling short in some areas, the Basel Committee awarded the US a "largely compliant" rating overall. The EU, however, was deemed "materially non-compliant", with
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- IMF report says Mauritius central bank needs clearer resolution powers
- Argentina abandons monetary financing to secure IMF support