The Nigerian naira traded at record lows on Monday (November 21), calling into question the central bank's strategy of propping up the currency and raising speculation about a looming devaluation ahead of tomorrow's interest rate decision.
The naira has lost 7% against the dollar since November 7, prompting some observers to speculate that Nigeria is on the cusp of a currency crisis similar to the one that hit Russia earlier this month.
The Bank of Russia burned through $30 billion in foreign re
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Central banks need a consistent approach to accounting for monetary gold