French authorities "must address" the data gaps in commercial property in the country, if they are to effectively supervise the sector, according to the first deputy governor of the Banque de France, Anne Le Lorier.
Speaking at a conference on macro-prudential policy in Stockholm – hosted jointly by Sveriges Riksbank and the IMF – Le Lorier delivered a combative presentation, insisting the real estate markets in France were a "case for non-action".
Nonetheless, she conceded the authorities have
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market