Jean-Michel Godeffroy, the European Central Bank's (ECB) director-general at the head of the Target2-Securities (T2S) programme, today said preparations were going smoothly in the run-up to the 2015 launch date – more or less.
Godeffroy is standing down from his post in January next year, just a few months before the first wave of central securities depositories (CSDs) migrate to the T2S platform – a pan-european service for securites settlement – in June.
"I leave T2S almost with mission accomp
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro