The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is considering whether "additional steps" may be necessary to bolster lending practices in the country's increasingly "unbalanced" housing market.
In its latest Financial Stability Review, published on September 24, the RBA warns that new lending to investors is "out of proportion" with the rest of the market.
While the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Apra) is monitoring the situation closely, the central bank is assessing whether an additional pol
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor