Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) governor Ivan Iskrov struck back in his war of words with prominent politician Boiko Borisov over the weekend – shifting the spotlight onto the leading political parties' failure to agree a resolution plan for Corporate Commercial Bank (CCB).
Iskrov has come under attack over the BNB's handling of CCB – which was placed in conservatorship in June – but insists the central bank is doing everything it can within the current legislation.
In an open letter published on
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations