Mario Draghi believes a "decisive rise" in investment is "essential" to increase inflation and reduce unemployment, but it will only happen if national governments deliver structural reforms.
European Central Bank (ECB) president Draghi described investment as "one of the great casualties of the crisis" at the Eurofi Financial Forum, on September 11, and stressed the need to revive it.
"A decisive rise in investment is essential to bring inflation closer to where we would want to see it, to stim
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system