Two central bankers from the National Bank of Angola (NBA) have been appointed to the board of Banco Espírito Santo Angola (BESA), in an attempt to save the local subsidiary of Portugal's Banco Espírito Santo (BES).
António Manuel Ramos da Cruz, a board member at the central bank, and João Fernando Quíuma, the head of its IT department, are now in charge of co-ordinating the implementation of the "extraordinary measures" imposed by the NBA.
Cruz and Quíuma will work with the current management b
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling