Two central bankers from the National Bank of Angola (NBA) have been appointed to the board of Banco Espírito Santo Angola (BESA), in an attempt to save the local subsidiary of Portugal's Banco Espírito Santo (BES).
António Manuel Ramos da Cruz, a board member at the central bank, and João Fernando Quíuma, the head of its IT department, are now in charge of co-ordinating the implementation of the "extraordinary measures" imposed by the NBA.
Cruz and Quíuma will work with the current management b
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor