The Bank of England (BoE) today named De La Rue, the world's largest commercial producer of banknotes, as the "preferred bidder" in its latest tender for banknote printing.
Should De La Rue win the contract, it will become the first company to print on polymer banknotes circulated in the UK. The new £5 and £10 notes – featuring the portraits of Winston Churchill and Jane Austen – are set to come into circulation in 2016 and 2017.
The BoE hired Innovia Security to supply the material for the note
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot