The next step of evolution in Islamic finance will involve banking businesses expanding beyond credit intermediaton to investment intermediation, according to Zeti Akhtar Aziz, governor of Bank Negara Malaysia.
Zeti envisages the development of Islamic investment intermediation will come once a new generation of risk-sharing contracts can be applied to investment products and this will enable Islamic finance to help ensure "more inclusive and more balanced growth".
Islamic finance represents fin
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor