Maltese government officials have said Libya's central bank governor has not been granted refuge on the island country, following claims by a Libyan minister that he had been running the bank from there "for months", according to Maltese media.
"[Governor Saddek] Elkaber was not under protection or security monitoring in Malta. The government has not received any requests for security or refuge," a spokesman for the Maltese government said, according to Malta Today.
The clarification was made ho
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says