The Central Bank of the UAE has decided to proceed with printing Braille characters on its banknotes, joining the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) as one of a select few central banks that use the feature to help blind and partially sighted people distinguish between banknotes.
The central bank's board of directors met on July 9 and, among other decisions, reviewed a memorandum "regarding re-printing of quantities of currency notes of denominations AED1,000, AED500, AED200, AED20, AED10 and A
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor