Russia: Bank of Russia has appointed Olga Skorobogatova deputy governor, the bank said today. Skorobogatova, a deputy chair of Societe Generale's Russian operation, Rosbank, takes up her new position on Monday.
She replaces Tatiana Chugunova, who retired on June 30 after serving on the bank's board for over a decade, and will be responsible for settlements, information technologies and the development of payment systems, the bank said.
During her 11-year stint with Rosbank, Skorobogatova helped
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?