The Central Bank of Colombia (CBC) has bolstered the minutes it publishes of monetary policy decisions, in a bid to make its reasoning more transparent.
The CBC, which published its first minutes under the new format yesterday, said it was "convinced" the move would help to reinforce "public support for the bank's independence and its credibility". It also said the changes would "improve the market's response" to the bank's policy decisions.
The CBC hiked its key interest rate by 25 basis points
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations