The European Central Bank (ECB) should consider launching a large-scale asset purchase programme consisting "primarily" of sovereign bonds if inflation "remains stubbornly low", the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said today.
Annual HICP inflation fell to 0.5% in May, which the IMF described as "worryingly low" in a statement at the conclusion of its Article IV consultation with the eurozone.
Mario Draghi, the ECB president, unveiled a package of measures aimed at boosting inflation earlier th
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system