The Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) yesterday unveiled a new series of banknotes that are set to come into circulation on June 29 and notably depicts the central bank itself.
A "vast amount" of cultural elements are represented on the new notes using "lively hues and interactive features", the CBK said. The notes also feature security threads that change colour when tilted.
"The new banknotes use the most advanced security features available in the banknote printing industry, such as colour-changin
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS