The Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) yesterday unveiled a new series of banknotes that are set to come into circulation on June 29 and notably depicts the central bank itself.
A "vast amount" of cultural elements are represented on the new notes using "lively hues and interactive features", the CBK said. The notes also feature security threads that change colour when tilted.
"The new banknotes use the most advanced security features available in the banknote printing industry, such as colour-changin
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?