The National Bank of Serbia (NBS) will publish a list of banks that respond positively to the central bank's call not to levy fees on donations and fund transfers to accounts set up to help the victims of flooding in the country.
The tactic of publicly naming compliant banks is one the NBS has used recently, in its campaign to get banks to reduce the level of interest charged on current account overdrafts.
Severe floods in Serbia have killed 19 people so far, most in the town of Obrenovac – also
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure