Sharon Bowles, the outgoing chair of the European Parliament's Economic and Monetary Affairs (Econ) committee, has rebuffed repeated invitations to fill the final vacant spot on the board of the European Central Bank's (ECB) single supervisory mechanism (SSM).
Speaking to CentralBanking.com on the sidelines of an event in London today, Bowles said she had not decided exactly which post or posts to take up when the current European Parliament comes to an end following next week's European electio
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling