Currency settlement utility CLS will adhere to any sanctions placed on Russia by the US government, even if switching off ruble settlement were likely to severely disrupt the functioning of the Russian payments system.
The Central Bank of Russia (CBR) and CLS have been working towards a deadline of November to include the ruble in the universe of currencies settled through the utility, a date to which both organisations said they are committed.
But the recent flare-up of tension between Russia a
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank