Ma Jun, Deutsche Bank's top China economist, is to join the People's Bank of China as chief economist in its research bureau, the central bank has confirmed.
Ma, a noted optimist on China's economy and regularly voted the top China economist in industry polls, in January said 2014 would "be a year defined by significant reforms that will shape the future path of development for China's macro-economy".
Nevertheless, he noted that weaker external demand for Chinese goods and services combined with
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?