The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) consultation on revisions to the securitisation framework closes today, with much riding on whether or not a solution can be found to revive Europe's moribund asset-backed securities (ABS) market.
At the press conference following this month's meeting of the governing council, European Central Bank (ECB) president Mario Draghi again pointed to the ABS market as a potential route to general economic recovery in the eurozone, if it can be "revitali
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank