The Central Bank of Armenia was awarded Best Coin of the Year at a numismatic fair held in Italy earlier this month, while the National Bank of Kazakhstan was handed second place as its currency continues to collect international accolades.
Armenia's winning entry was a silver commemorative coin (pictured) dedicated to the 500th anniversary of book printing in the country. Judges commented on the "clever and original combination" of modern and classic imagery.
It was chosen ahead of a Kazakh coin
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security