The Bangladesh Bank believes it will be "challenging" to bring inflation down in time to hit its 7% target for the 2014 fiscal year, as food inflation continues to climb and consumer demand looks set to recover at the conclusion of a series of nationwide strikes.
Annual CPI inflation increased from 7% to 7.5% between July and December in Bangladesh, although this figure only paints part of the picture. Non-food inflation actually fell from 7.4% to 4.9% during the period, while food inflation ros
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde