Former European Central Bank (ECB) president Jean-Claude Trichet today said the Troika of the ECB, the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund should "gradually disappear" as policy-makers move toward preventing, rather than curing, crises.
The European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs today submitted Trichet, who led the ECB between 2003 and 2011, to a grilling on his role in the Troika and its negotiations with eurozone member states.
Members of the Europ
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde