The European Central Bank (ECB) has completed a €2.5 million, three-year capacity-building programme with the National Bank of Serbia (NBS) – "the ECB's most complex and ambitious programme to date", according to executive board member Jörg Asmussen, covering almost every function of the NBS and involving outside experts from 21 European Union (EU) central banks.
The programme, funded by the EU, was aimed at preparing the Serbian central bank to join the European System of Central Banks (ESCB),
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system