The next generation of Norwegian banknotes will pay homage to the sea, reflecting its importance for the maritime nation's business sector and economic prosperity, Norway's central bank said on Saturday.
Norges Bank said it had sought to find a theme that runs through the banknote denominations, "binding them together" into a cohesive series. The ‘sea' theme, it added, will be reflected both on the obverse and reverse face of the notes, thus "breaking with the tradition of portraiture".
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says