Karnit Flug, the new governor of the Bank of Israel, has called for the establishment of a financial stability committee to shore up the stability of the Israeli financial system – and re-iterated some of the main themes of her predecessor, Stanley Fischer.
Flug – who Fischer endorsed as his successor before the Israeli government embarked on a fruitless search for an alternative this summer – used her inauguration speech to highlight the need for greater participation in the labour force among
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase