Theophilus Bettie, deputy governor for economic policy at the Central Bank of Liberia, has passed away at the age of 60, according to local media reports.
Bettie was pronounced dead last weekend at the Saint Nicholas Hospital in Lagos, Nigeria, where he had been attending the bi-annual conference of the West African Institute for Financial and Economic Management (WAIFEM). There were conflicting reports about the exact date of his death.
According to an obituary published on Front Page Africa, B
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says