Switzerland's biggest lender is buying back the 'bad bank' set up by the country's monetary authorities to absorb its toxic assets at the height of the financial crisis.
UBS signed a deal with the Swiss National Bank (SNB) yesterday to repurchase the so-called ‘StabFund', exercising an option agreed on by the parties in October 2008.
The sale is generating a profit of $3.762 billion for the SNB, impacting favourably on its annual results, the central bank said in a statement. The amount correspo
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde