A US senator affiliated with the country's conservative Tea Party movement – a network of political organisations advocating lower taxes and less government spending – has vowed to block the nomination of Janet Yellen as the next head of the Federal Reserve.
Rand Paul, a republican senator from Kentucky and son of Ron Paul, a former congressman and author of national bestseller End the Fed, said earlier this week that he would put a hold on Yellen's nomination unless his colleagues agree to a th
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?