A row has broken out between the two main political parties in Malta over the appointment of a second deputy governor to the central bank – with the opposition Nationalist Party (PN) trading accusations with the Labour government over politicising the Central Bank of Malta.
Malta is setting up a new Financial Stability Board (FSB), a joint effort of the Central Bank of Malta and the Malta Financial Services Authority. The FSB will be headed by a new deputy governor with specific responsibility f
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements