The 12 presidents of the Federal Reserve's regional banks are pushing for money market funds (MMFs) to reveal more information about the fluctuations in their share prices, and yesterday urged the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to impose stricter regulations on the market.
The SEC laid out two alternative ways of reforming the funds in a proposal in June. It said it was open to the possibility of adopt either one in isolation, or a combination of the two.
The first would force "prime i
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde