The minutes from the latest Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, released yesterday, did little to clarify the talk of tapering but revealed a debate among members over whether to adjust the Fed's forward guidance.
The meeting featured an extensive discussion on whether to "clarify or strengthen" the forward guidance on the federal funds rate first provided by the committee in December.
The minutes revealed that "several participants were willing to contemplate" lowering the unemploymen
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms