The governing council of the European Central Bank (ECB) today held its key three interest rates at the same level, apparently without discussing whether the eurozone's central bank might change rates in either direction.
At the press conference following the council meeting, ECB president Mario Draghi told journalists the council had voted unanimously to keep its forward guidance in place – that interest rates will stay at current rates or lower "for an extended period of time" – but said after
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot