Jon Cunliffe, the UK ambassador to the European Union (EU), has been appointed deputy governor with responsibility for financial stability at the Bank of England (BoE), replacing Paul Tucker who will take up a teaching position at Harvard University.
The UK Treasury announced that Cunliffe will lead the BoE's work on financial stability and will be directly or indirectly responsible for more than 600 staff. He will sit on the Financial Policy Committee – which he will chair in the absence of gov
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say