A major investigation by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision into the consistency of risk-weightings of assets that banks typically hold until maturity has found large discrepancies around the world. The findings have prompted the Basel Committee to call supervisors to task to ensure better consistency.
The Committee said it found "considerable variation" in average risk-weighted assets (RWAs) across banks for credit risk in the banking book. While it attributed most of the variation in R
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde