The UK's Payments Council today published an initial report on plans for a ‘Payments Roadmap', which aims to improve the country's payments infrastructure, boosting competition and innovation.
The report set out six possibilities for where the payments industry could go over the next five to 10 years, which "range from restructuring to revolutionising", the Payments Council said. Possibilities include the introduction of a central clearing hub, a distributed model, which opens up services that a
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?