The UK's Payments Council today published an initial report on plans for a ‘Payments Roadmap', which aims to improve the country's payments infrastructure, boosting competition and innovation.
The report set out six possibilities for where the payments industry could go over the next five to 10 years, which "range from restructuring to revolutionising", the Payments Council said. Possibilities include the introduction of a central clearing hub, a distributed model, which opens up services that a
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor