The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has appointed Mario Draghi and Agustín Carstens to fill three chairmanships due to be vacated by governor of the Bank of England, Mervyn King, when he retires at the end of this month.
Carstens, governor of the Bank of Mexico, will take over as chairman of the Economic Consultative Committee (ECC) and the Global Economy Meeting (GEM), after consultations with members of the GEM.
Draghi, president of the European Central Bank (ECB), will be the new cha
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS