The president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Eric Rosengren, said today that the Federal Open Markets Committee (FOMC) should continue its asset purchase programme "throughout this year", as new figures were released suggesting US employment levels are recovering more slowly than previously thought.
Non-farm payroll employment, a key measure of employment used by the US's Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), rose by just 88,000 in March this year, cutting unemployment by just 10 basis point
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase