The Association of South East Asian Nations (Asean), in conjunction with the Asian Development Bank (ADB), has put out a new report on progress towards their aim of creating an Asean Economic Community (AEC) by 2015 – calling for "full and complete capital account and financial services liberalisation" in order to ensure success.
The report, by a team of consultants led by Korean professor Yung Chul Park, who also advises the International Monetary Fund on the region, "identifies the required in
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase