The Bank of England's (BoE) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) may deploy "explicit forward guidance" as part of a new remit unveiled by the UK chancellor today.
Delivering his budget for the next fiscal year, George Osborne asked the MPC to consider deploying explicit forward guidance - including the use of intermediate thresholds - to influence expectations on the future path of interest rates. The MPC has been asked to provide an assessment of the suitability of the policy alongside its inflatio
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair