An assembly of key financial players in the City of London today voiced a wide range of concerns about the difficulties UK banks are encountering in implementing the Vickers proposals to ‘ring-fence' retail operations.
The UK government has confirmed it will be adopting the Vickers proposals, which recommend separating retail and investment arms into separate legal entities, but allow them to remain within the same bank holding company. On February 4, UK chancellor George Osborne said the ring-f
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms