The president of the Deutsche Bundesbank, Jens Weidmann, reiterated his support for inflation-targeting monetary policy implemented by independent central banks, in a speech given this afternoon in Freiburg.
Weidmann used the Walter Eucken lecture to share his concerns over recent discussions questioning the legitimacy of independent central banks - and to state his opposition to any attempt by the ECB to lower the value of the euro.
Weidmann stressed that the problems in the Eurozone "are struc
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations